Do you provide Video Content for your users or customers? If not, you’re missing out on a big opportunity to have your brand heard and seen. Here are 5 reasons why embracing this form of media is a really good idea:
- It Brings a Humanness to Brands. Video brings a humanness to brands like no other medium. It enables customers to connect with you on a more personal level, and connection generally leads to trust which, in turn, can have a profound impact on growth and sales.
- It’s Quickly Becoming Industry Standard. More and more businesses, both B2B and B2C, are embracing video as a central component to their marketing strategy. It’s quickly becoming an industry standard, so it’s a great way to stay current and keep up with your competitors. And who doesn’t want to be “on-trend” if not two steps ahead of the curve? But all trendiness aside – it’s an incredibly effective form of marketing, and businesses know this.
- It Helps you Build a Bigger Following. Not only is video one more piece of media that you can share with your audience via email and social media, but it happens to be owned by Google which means it’s heavily favored in search engine results. That’s a whole lotta bang for your buck. Oh yeah, and it’s free!
- You can quickly transmit large amounts of Information. There’s so much that you can do with a simple 30-second (or less) video that you can’t accomplish in a short ad, headline or eblast. Think about all of the imagery that you can pack into a video by editing, say, 2 second snippits together containing words (copy), animation, live action, photos and more. A well constructed video can provide an incredible narrative in a short time.
- Mobile Accessibility. Who doesn’t carry their mobile devices around at all times? We’re at the height of the digital age, and most of the people in the demographics we’re targeting would never dream of leaving home without at least one handheld device. And it’s safe to say that most of these folks view video on these mobile devices. It’s just one more touch point between you and your customers, and it happens to be an engaging one at that.
So there you have it — 5 awesome reasons why video marketing rules. But we’ve really just scratched the surface, and guaranteed you’ll be hearing more from us about why this medium is so beyond fantastic. But for now, we’ll leave you with these little nuggets, and if you’re not generating video for your brand, we sure do hope you’ll consider it. Also keep in mind that you don’t need a huge budget to start. We’ve even seen cool videos executed on cell phones, but we’ll save the ‘how-to’s’ for another post!
4over Marketing Team